- Your role is integral to the creation of software systems and technical products including vehicles, electronic goods, defence, and healthcare.
- As a software tester, you are involved in the quality assurance stage of software development and deployment.
- You'll conduct automated and manual tests to ensure the software created by developers is fit for purpose.
- Software testing involves the analysis of software, and systems, to avert risk and prevent software issues.
- Ultimately software testers are employed to find bugs and issues within a product before it gets deployed to everyday users. You might work on bespoke, individual projects or multinational projects spanning the globe and costing billions of pounds.
- You will need to be, or become, familiar with programming and using coding languages. Assessing code is one part of the role of a software tester.
- Meeting with system users to understand the scope of projects
- Working with software developers and project support teams
- Identifying business requirements
- Project planning
- Monitoring applications and software systems
- Performance testing
- Functional testing
- Scalability testing
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Selenium Automated Test Tool
- Acceptance Testing
- Automated Testing
- System Testing
- Test Planning
- Test Automation
- Regression Testing
- Software Test
- Integration Testing
- Black Box Testing
- Quality Assurance Analyst (QA Analyst)
- Quality Assurance Director (QA Director)
- Quality Assurance Engineer (QA Engineer)
- Quality Assurance Practice Manager (QA Practice Manager)
- Quality Assurance Test Program Manager (QA Assurance Test Program Manager)
- Software Quality Assurance Engineer (SQA Engineer)
- Software Quality Engineer
- Software Test Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Product Assurance Engineer
- Software testing engineer
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1