- Robotics is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering and science that includes mechanical engineering, electronics engineering, computer science, and others
- Robotics deals with the design, construction, operation, and use of robots, as well as computer systems for their control, sensory feedback, and information processing.
- Robotics engineers work in the science of robotics, or flexible automation.
- Most robots are "manipulators"—machines devised to function in place of a human.
- Robotics engineers are responsible for designing, testing, and building robots that are productive and safe to operate as well as economical to purchase and maintain.
- These engineers use computer-aided design and drafting, and computer-aided manufacturing (CADD/CAM) systems to perform their tasks.
- Robotics research engineers design robotic systems and research methods to manufacture them economically.
- Robotics engineers who work for robot manufacturers are sometimes called robotics test engineers or automation system engineers.
- These engineers apply the robotic system to a particular use on a manufacturing assembly line.
- They also create an integrated environment between people and machinery.
- Process or interpret signals or sensor data.
- Debug robotics programs.
- Build, configure, or test robots or robotic applications.
- Create back-ups of robot programs or parameters.
- Provide technical support for robotic systems.
- Design end-of-arm tooling.
- Design robotic systems, such as automatic vehicle control, autonomous vehicles, advanced displays, advanced sensing, robotic platforms, computer vision, or telematics systems.
- Computer Aided Drafting & Design ( Auto CADD)
- Critical Thinking
- Research and Development (R&D)
- Automation Engineer
- Automation Engineering Manager
- Autonomous Vehicle Design Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Engineering Manager
- Engineering Vice President
- Factory Automation Engineer
- Research Engineer
- Robotic Systems Engineer
- Robotics and Systems Lead
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2