- Project management is the practice of initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria at the specified time
- Project management brings a unique focus shaped by the goals, resources and schedule of each project
- Manage project execution to ensure adherence to budget, schedule, and scope.
- Develop or update project plans for information technology projects including information such as project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Monitor or track project milestones and deliverables.
- Confer with project personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Develop and manage work breakdown structure (WBS) of information technology projects.
- Submit project deliverables, ensuring adherence to quality standards.
- Prepare project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Direct or coordinate activities of project personnel.
- Establish and execute a project communication plan.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and spans of authority to project personnel.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
- Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
- Perform risk assessments to develop response strategies.
- Monitor the performance of project team members, providing and documenting performance feedback.
- Negotiate with project stakeholders or suppliers to obtain resources or materials.
- Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
- Coordinate recruitment or selection of project personnel.
- Identify, review, or select vendors or consultants to meet project needs.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for information technology projects.
- Develop implementation plans that include analyses such as cost-benefit or return on investment (ROI).
- Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Manufacturing
- Project Management
- Organizational Development Consultant
- Principal Consultant
- Program Management Analyst
- Quality Control Analyst
- Management Consultant
- Project Manager
- Project lead
- Team lead
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3