- Mechanical engineers provide efficient solutions to the development of processes and products, ranging from small component designs to extremely large plant, machinery or vehicles.
- Designing and implementing cost-effective equipment modifications to help improve safety and reliability.
- Developing a project specification with colleagues, often including those from other engineering disciplines.
- Developing, testing and evaluating theoretical designs.
- Discussing and solving complex problems with manufacturing departments, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Making sure a product can be made reliably and will perform consistently in specified operating environments.
- Managing projects using engineering principles and techniques.
- Planning and designing new production processes.
- Producing details of specifications and outline designs.
- Recommending modifications following prototype test results.
- Using research, analytical, conceptual and planning skills, particularly mathematical modelling and computer-aided design.
- Considering the implications of issues such as cost, safety and time constraints.
- Working with other professionals, within and outside the engineering sector.
- Monitoring and commissioning plant and systems.
- Production Support
- Production Management
- Industrial Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Engineer
- Plant Engineer
- Production Engineers
- Production Managers
- Quality control Manager
- Show and Leather Worker
- Textile Worker
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1