- Confer with supervisory personnel, owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve matters, such as work procedures, complaints, or construction problems.
- Plan, schedule, or coordinate construction project activities to meet deadlines.
- Prepare and submit budget estimates, progress reports, or cost tracking reports.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, or other regulations.
- Inspect or review projects to monitor compliance with environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize, or direct activities concerned with the construction or maintenance of structures, facilities, or systems.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods.
- Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites to ensure that proper construction procedures are being followed.
- Prepare contracts or negotiate revisions to contractual agreements with architects, consultants, clients, suppliers, or subcontractors.
- Develop or implement quality control programs.
- Develop or implement environmental protection programs.
- Implement new or modified plans in response to delays, bad weather, or construction site emergencies.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to representatives of the owner or developer, including administrative staff, workers, or clients.
- Apply for and obtain all necessary permits or licenses.
- Evaluate construction methods and determine cost-effectiveness of plans, using computer models.
- Contract or oversee craft work, such as painting or plumbing.
- Direct and supervise construction or related workers.
- Determine labor requirements for dispatching workers to construction sites.
- Requisition supplies or materials to complete construction projects.
- Risk Management / Risk Control
- Project Management
- People Management
- Process Improvement
- Financial Reporting
- Team Management
- Client Interaction
- Operations Management
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
- Vendor Management
- Supply Chain
- Building Maintenance Officer
- Construction Manager
- Development Manager
- Maintenance Manager
- Operational Manager
- Planning and Development Officer
- Project Manager
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1