- Confer with supply chain planners to forecast demand or create supply plans that ensure availability of materials or products.
- Monitor forecasts and quotas to identify changes or to determine their effect on supply chain activities.
- Define performance metrics for measurement, comparison, or evaluation of supply chain factors, such as product cost or quality.
- Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize customer service.
- Develop procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas, such as sales, marketing, finance, production, or quality assurance.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Meet with suppliers to discuss performance metrics, to provide performance feedback, or to discuss production forecasts or changes.
- Implement new or improved supply chain processes.
- Design or implement supply chains that support business strategies adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
- Manage activities related to strategic or tactical purchasing, material requirements planning, inventory control, warehousing, or receiving.
- Monitor supplier performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
- Analyze information about supplier performance or procurement program success.
- Select transportation routes to maximize economy by combining shipments or consolidating warehousing and distribution.
- Develop or implement procedures or systems to evaluate or select suppliers.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- SAP Materials Management (SAP MM)
- Supply Chain
- Field Operations Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Operations Head
- Supply chain Professional
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3