- Working in partnership with communities, liaising with community groups and individuals.
- Providing a visible presence to deter crime and reassure the community.
- Conducting patrol duties on foot, by car and bicycle.
- Developing community knowledge to identify individuals and locations at risk of being involved in crime.
- Responding to calls and requests from the public to assist at incidents.
- Keeping the peace at public meetings, social events, processions, trade disputes or strikes.
- Diffusing potentially volatile situations with due regard for the safety of all involved.
- Acting with sensitivity when dealing with situations such as delivering news of a sudden death to a family or when dealing with sexual crimes.
- Conducting initial investigations, gathering evidence, taking statements and complying with relevant legal requirements.
- Interviewing suspects, victims and witnesses in accordance with relevant legislation.
- Conducting arrests with due regard for the human rights, security and health and safety of detained individuals, members of the public, colleagues and self.
- Preparing crime reports and presenting case files to senior officers
- Attending and giving evidence in court and at other hearings.
- Completing administrative procedures.
- Submitting internal crime reports and criminal intelligence reports.
- Investigating and taking action on information received from members of the public.
- Gathering, recording and analysing intelligence to achieve community safety and crime reduction objectives and providing crime prevention advice.
- Taking direction on specific duties from senior colleagues.
- Attending road-related incidents including collision scenes, vehicle check points and traffic offences.
- Enforcing road traffic legislation and issuing fixed penalties for relevant offences.
- Mental and Physical fitness
- SARA model (scanning
- Crime Investigation Officer Police Commissioner
- Forensic Science Technicians
- Police Constable Police Detectives
- Traffic Police Officer
- IPS Officer
- Police Officer
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3