- Hospital Managers must maintain their ethical responsibilities while ensuring that all operations throughout the hospital are running smoothly, from surgery schedules, patient flow, record updates and confidentiality, waste management, and equipment maintenance and set up, to name a few.
- Develop and maintain computerized record management systems and process data, such as personnel activities and information, and to produce reports.
- Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of medical, nursing, technical, clerical, service, maintenance, and other personnel.
- Direct or conduct recruitment, hiring, and training of personnel.
- Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the facility or medical unit.
- Conduct and administer fiscal operations, including accounting, planning budgets, authorizing expenditures, establishing rates for services, and coordinating financial reporting.
- Maintain awareness of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
- Plan, implement and administer programs and services in a health care or medical facility, including personnel administration, training, and coordination of medical, nursing and physical plant staff.
- Prepare activity reports to inform management of the status and implementation plans of programs, services, and quality initiatives.
- Establish work schedules and assignments for staff, according to workload, space and equipment availability.
- Maintain communication between governing boards, medical staff, and department heads by attending board meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
- Establish objectives and evaluative or operational criteria for units they manage.
- Review and analyze facility activities and data to aid planning and cash and risk management and to improve service utilization.
- Operations Management
- Health Information Management Corporate Director
- Health Information Management Director
- Health Manager
- Mental Health Program Manager
- Nurse Manager
- Nursing Director
- Office Manager
- Practice Administrator
- Program Manager
- Clinical Director
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2