- Geologists study the earth's history, composition & structure. Geologists play an important part in the study, exploration, preservation and cleaning up of the environment. The study of geology includes Mineralogy (study of minerals) Paleontology (study of fossils); Structural Geology (study of forces working on the earth’s crust); Geomorphology (the study of the formation of the earth’s crust with its various land forms).
- Research and carry out scientific study with organizations involved in geological work who locate physical data and material for study from near the earth’s surface and in the sea.
- Identify rocks, minerals, and fossils
- Conduct geological surveys, construct mapsMeasure the earth’s gravity and magnetic field.
- Research for locating oil, natural gas and minerals.
- Work in laboratories to study samples from the earth or seabed.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Windows Operating System General Use
- Writing skills
- Marine Geologist
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3