- Culinary arts, in which culinary means "related to cooking", are the arts of preparation, cooking and presentation of food, usually in the form of meals. People working in this field – especially in establishments such as restaurants – are commonly called "chefs" or "cooks", although, at its most general, the terms "culinary artist" and "culinarian" are also used.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Check the quality of raw or cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Instruct cooks or other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, or presentation of food.
- Supervise or coordinate activities of cooks or workers engaged in food preparation.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, or work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Order or requisition food or other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Determine how food should be presented and create decorative food displays.
- Plan, direct, or supervise food preparation or cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, or purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Meet with sales representatives to negotiate prices or order supplies.
- Recruit and hire staff, such as cooks and other kitchen workers.
- cooking and baking techniques
- knife skills
- food carving
- plate presentation
- food photography and restaurant management.
- Master Chef
- Pastry Chef
- Culinary Chef
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3
Career Navigator 4