- Inspect project sites to monitor progress and ensure conformance to design specifications and safety or sanitation standards.
- Compute load and grade requirements, water flow rates, or material stress factors to determine design specifications.
- Provide technical advice to industrial or managerial personnel regarding design, construction, or program modifications or structural repairs.
- Test soils or materials to determine the adequacy and strength of foundations, concrete, asphalt, or steel.
- Manage and direct the construction, operations, or maintenance activities at project site.
- Direct or participate in surveying to lay out installations or establish reference points, grades, or elevations to guide construction.
- Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Plan and design transportation or hydraulic systems or structures using computer assisted design or drawing tools.
- Prepare or present public reports on topics such as bid proposals, deeds, environmental impact statements, or property and right-of-way descriptions.
- Design energy efficient or environmentally sound civil structures.
- Identify environmental risks and develop risk management strategies for civil engineering projects.
- Direct engineering activities ensuring compliance with environmental, safety, or other governmental regulations.
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, or other topographical or geologic data.
- Conduct studies of traffic patterns or environmental conditions to identify engineering problems and assess potential project impact.
- Design or engineer systems to efficiently dispose of chemical, biological, or other toxic wastes.
- Develop or implement engineering solutions to clean up industrial accidents or other contaminated sites.
- Analyze manufacturing processes or byproducts to identify engineering solutions to minimize the output of carbon or other pollutants.
- Project Management
- Construction Site Inspection
- Construction Foreman
- Construction Inspector
- Project Manager
- Civil Engineers
- Construction Engineer
- Site Engineers
- Structural Engineers
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2