- Local government officers are responsible for the development and execution of council policies and procedures, as well as ensuring that local services are delivered effectively.
- Assisting in the formulation, planning and monitoring of policies and procedures.
- Coordinating the implementation of council decisions and circulating reports to those affected.
- Providing support and guidance to the elected workforce, for example to cabinet or local committees.
- Coordinating communication strategies, including publications and departmental websites.
- Arranging and servicing meetings.
- Researching, preparing and writing up reports and briefing papers.
- Liaising with other council departments, such as finance or marketing.
- Liaising with external partners and agencies, including private and voluntary sector organisations, contractors and other local authorities.
- Coordinating departmental and corporate plans.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance and quality issues, ensuring value for money.
- Managing and evaluating projects.
- Organising and collecting data for external inspections, including evidence of compliance with legislation.
- Providing information, advice and guidance on policy and performance.
- Working with members of the public, councillors and other stakeholders, presenting information at meetings when required.
- Dealing with enquiries and giving advice.
- Supervising and managing staff.
- Providing support and a strategic steer to the management team relevant to your specific area.
- Developing and promoting a policy and performance framework, which contributes to the operational and strategic functioning of the department.
- Coordinating responses to national and local consultations on specific policy areas, such as education.
- Critical Thinking
- Interpersonal Skills
- Judgement and Decision making
Indian Corporate Law Service (ICLS)
Indian Defence Accounts Service (IDAS)
Indian Defence Estates Service (IDES)
Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
Indian Information Service (IIS)
Indian Postal Service (IPoS)
Indian Railway Traffic Service (IRTS)
Indian Revenue Service (IRS)
Indian Revenue Service (IRS-IT)
- Indian Railway Accounts Service (IRAS)
Indian Railway Personnel Service (IRPS)
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Civil Accounts Service (ICAS)
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1