- Biotechnology is a highly interdisciplinary field that combines biological sciences with engineering technologies to manipulate living organisms and biological systems to produce products that advances healthcare, medicine, agriculture, food, pharmaceuticals and environment control.
- Biotechnology is the exploitation of natural resources at the microbial and molecular level to produce a product of improved quality for the benefit of mankind.
- Improving crop yield can be accomplished through both breeding and biotechnology
- Collect and analyze biological data about relationships among and between organisms and their environment.
- Supervise biological technicians and technologists and other scientists.
- Program and use computers to store, process, and analyze data.
- Prepare technical and research reports, such as environmental impact reports, and communicate the results to individuals in industry, government, or the general public.
- Prepare requests for proposals or statements of work.
- Represent employer in a technical capacity at conferences.
- Study aquatic plants and animals and environmental conditions affecting them, such as radioactivity or pollution.
- Study basic principles of plant and animal life, such as origin, relationship, development, anatomy, and function.
- Teach or supervise students and perform research at universities and colleges.
- Plan and administer biological research programs for government, research firms, medical industries, or manufacturing firms.
- Measure salinity, acidity, light, oxygen content, and other physical conditions of water to determine their relationship to aquatic life.
- Prepare plans for management of renewable resources.
- Research environmental effects of present and potential uses of land and water areas, determining methods of improving environmental conditions or such outputs as crop yields.
- Molecular Biology
- Lab Research Technicians
- Biological Professors
- Biological Research and Analyst
- Biological Scientist
- Clinical Research Associates
- Medicine Research
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2