- Administer hearing tests and examine patients to collect information on type and degree of impairment, using specialized instruments and electronic equipment.
- Fit, dispense, and repair assistive devices, such as hearing aids.
- Maintain patient records at all stages, including initial and subsequent evaluation and treatment activities.
- Evaluate hearing and balance disorders to determine diagnoses and courses of treatment.
- Program and monitor cochlear implants to fit the needs of patients.
- Counsel and instruct patients and their families in techniques to improve hearing and communication related to hearing loss.
- Refer patients to additional medical or educational services if needed.
- Monitor patients' progress and provide ongoing observation of hearing or balance status.
- Educate and supervise audiology students and health care personnel.
- Instruct patients, parents, teachers, or employers in communication strategies to maximize effective receptive communication.
- Recommend assistive devices according to patients' needs or nature of impairments.
- Participate in conferences or training to update or share knowledge of new hearing or balance disorder treatment methods or technologies.
- Plan and conduct treatment programs for patients' hearing or balance problems, consulting with educators, physicians, nurses, psychologists, speech-language pathologists, and other health care personnel as necessary.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to assess and rehabilitate recipients of implanted hearing devices through auditory training and counseling.
- Advise educators or other medical staff on hearing or balance topics.
- Critical thinking skills
- Communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Audiology Director
- Audiology Doctor (AUD)
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Audiology Licensed Audiologist (CCC-A Licensed Audiologist)
- Clinical Audiologist
- Clinical Director
- Dispensing Audiologist
- Doctor of Audiology
- Educational Audiologist
- Pediatric Audiologist
||Level Of Preparation
Career Navigator 1
Career Navigator 2
Career Navigator 3
Career Navigator 4